PROPHETIC 2018: Amplifying Queer & Colorful Voices
Edina Community Lutheran Church, in partnership with Redeemer, Grace Northeast, Westwood, and St. Michael's Lutheran Churches & Reconciling Works, is excited to present PROPHETIC 2018: Amplifying Queer & Colorful Voices. We invite you to join us May 18-19, 2018 for three main events Friday night and Saturday featuring renowned Queer Christian singer-songwriter & activist Jennifer Knapp and other queer leaders from the Twin Cities area as we explore through art & community what it means for our Church to live faithfully and fully at the intersections of Racial and LGBTQIA+ justice and equity. Visit: https://www.redeemermpls.org/prophetic-2018.html for more information.
EARTH WEEK OPPORTUNITIES FROM ECO-FAITH:
- FOR THE BEAUTY OF THE EARTH Performed by Cantus vocal ensemble on Friday, April 20, 2018, 11:00am at Colonial Church of Edina or Sunday, April 22nd at 3pm at Wayzata Community Church. All performances: Reserved Seating $32/ $10 students
- CREATE HARMONY: EARTH DAY CELEBRATION! Saturday, April 21 at Saint Mark's Episcopal Cathedral & Loring Park
- Start at 10:15 am with a clean up of Loring Greenway, followed by a Noon buffet: Gandhi Mahal Restaurant, 2pm Create Harmony, John Bell “Big Sing” and finish at a 4:30 pm Justice Happy Hour at Esker Grove.
- RED + BLUE = GREEN: BIPARTISAN SOLUTIONS TO PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT (Hosted at ECLC) Tuesday, April 24 at 7pm Sponsored by The League of Women Voters Edina and Conservation Minnesota
- RALLY FOR SCIENCE Saturday, May 19, 2018 (The rescheduled April 14 march) at Noon in Mears Park, St. Paul.
- PINTS FOR A PURPOSE: Saturday, May 19, 2018, 2pm at Whiskers Brewing (walk to after the Rally)
LITTLE FREE LIBRARY BOOKS NEEDED: Spring is coming (really!) and our Little Free Library is running out of books for ADULTS. If you have some popular titles, drop them at the blue bin at the sign up center.
A THANK YOU "NOTE" to the choir, band and all musicians who grace our worship with their time, talents and tunefulness. You are appreciated! Love, Melissa
SANCTUARY FLOORING Over the past few months, we have been working with our construction company to find a solution for the gaps between the floating floorboards in the sanctuary. We have recently replaced a wooden strip filler with a rubber-based strip, which has a flatter profile. Please share any feedback with the staff, as we want to find the safest solution.
FOOD NEEDED FOR NEW MEMBERS: We welcome our new members on Sunday, April 29th with a brunch…and need volunteers to bring a dish to celebrate them! If you can donate yogurt, fruit, or granola for our parfait buffet, email Lauren.
SUNDAY FORUM: APRIL 29 - Join Bill Blazar, Senior VP of Public Affairs and Business Development at the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, as he discusses the vital role that immigrants have in Minnesota's workforce and the economic future of the state.
PREVENTING GUN VIOLENCE TASK FORCE: Come to a brainstorming session of “what’s next” for ECLC as we join the conversation and advocacy to prevent gun violence in our state and beyond. ECLCers will meet from 3:30-5:00pm on Monday, April 30th at ECLC. Email Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the conversation.
For more information visit: https://protectmn.org/event/gun-violence-leading-the-conversation/
RETIRED ECLC MEN Join us for breakfast on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 8:00 am at Perkins Restaurant at Eden and Willson Roads in Edina (near 50th and Hwy 100). This month's gathering will be Wednesday, April 25.
FOOD, FOOD, AND MORE FOOD! Sign Up now for the Progressive Dinner! On Saturday, May 12 at 5pm, join other ECLCers for appetizers at ECLC, before traveling to members’ homes for salad and main course/dessert. Email Leslie to sign up.
CELEBRATION DINNER TO SUPPORT EDUCATION IN PALESTINE: Saturday, May 19th, join Westminster Presbyterian for a celebratory evening to fund the dream of education in Palestine! Event includes a 4-course dinner by Sameh Wadi of Minneapolis' Saffron and Bassam Hazboun from Bethlehem, Palestine and a presentation by Rev. Dr. Mitri Raheb, President of ECLC Mission Partner, Bright Stars of Bethlehem. For more info, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/celebration-dinner-tickets-43762818769 A group from ECLC will visit Dar al Kalima University in Bethlehem when we travel to Palestine and Israel in November 2019. More information coming soon!