Here’s a brief status report about a few of our recent building project milestones:
- The footings and foundations were poured for both additions, and framing is almost finished.
- Structural steel and glulam trusses for the new sanctuary have been erected, and the remaining support beams should be in place within a few days.
- Stormwater management tanks were installed on the east side of the property, and weather permitting, drains will be added in the next month.
- Demolition of the lower level of the existing structure is largely complete, and framing for the remodeled space has begun.
These are some of the new tasks that we hope to accomplish in the coming weeks:
- The flat roof of the existing building will be replaced.
- Exterior walls will be built for both additions.
- Structural insulated panels (SIPs) will be installed in the new sanctuary to provide support and insulation for the roof.
- Soil on the lower level of both additions will be compacted, and cement slabs will be poured.
- Rough-ins of plumbing, electrical and HVAC infrastructure will be completed for the additions and the lower level remodel.
- A pit will be poured and the new elevator will be installed.
- Once we no longer need heavy equipment to help construct the new additions, work on the east parking lot will commence