With the arrival of spring, we’ve been able to make construction progress on several fronts. A few of our project’s recent accomplishments include:
- Slabs were poured for the new additions, and framing was completed. Walls went up, and windows and doors were installed.
- Roofs were replaced on the existing parts of the facility, and added to the new sections.
- Stormwater drains were added on the north and east sides of the site, then connected to storage/filtration tanks.
In the coming weeks, these will be some of our task priorities:
- Complete the insulation of walls, pipes, and ductwork.
- Finish putting siding on the sanctuary addition, and add stone facing to the new kitchen.
- Do the earthwork and grading for the east parking lot.
- Build and test our new elevator.
- Sheetrock, tape, and paint the education spaces.
- Install drains on the south and west sides of the building, and tie them into our new stormwater management system.
Looking further ahead at important milestones, here are some target completion dates that we’re hoping to meet:
- Pave the east parking lot by the end of June, and the west parking lot by the end of July.
- Finish exterior structure work (siding, painting, window replacement/repair, etc.) and site landscaping by early August.
- Start holding services in the new sanctuary by late August.
- Begin the final phase of remodeling after Labor Day, and wrap up the project by Halloween.