Thursday-Sunday | Apr 2-5, 2015 | Holy Week
HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE!
- Maundy Thursday, April 2 worship at 5:45pm (extra child-friendly) and 7:15pm
- Good Friday, April 3 worship at 5:45 pm (extra child-friendly) and 7:15pm
- Easter Vigil at 6:00pm Saturday, April 4
- Easter Sunday, April 5, worship at 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00am
The night of April 10-11 (9 pm-7 am) ECLC youth will take part in an awesome all night, overnight lock-in event at the church. We need your help to make this happen!
- Please sign up as a student (Grades 6-9) by adding your name, and the name(s) of any friends you are bringing, to the list at the sign-up center. Official registration forms and payment envelopes are also at the sign-up center, or can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Volunteer for one or more volunteer shifts throughout the night (high school youth and adults) by clicking here. Signing up soon will make it easier to move forward with planning and preparations, for what we hope will become an annual confirmation event. Thank you!
THREE "STATIONS OF THE CROSS" FOR THREE GREAT DAYS!
ECLC has three "stations of the cross" for you to experience during this week's liturgy of the Triduum - the Three Great Days of Maundy Thursday (5:45pm extra-child friendly & 7:15pm), Good Friday (5:45pm extra-child friendly & 7:15pm), and the Easter Vigil (Saturday at 6:00pm). The prayer wall outside the church offices will also remain up through the 50 days of Easter. Please take a few minutes before or after Holy Week services to experience each one:
- Maundy Thursday's station, located in the Fellowship Hall, will include ECLC's annual re-creation of Leonardo da Vinci's late 1490s mural painting of the Last Supper in Milan, Italy. If you or your child have taken part in any of the re-creations done over the last 3 years and you would like a copy, please let Kelly Rowley.
- Good Friday's station will be set up at one of the round tables in the Fellowship Hall. Use any of the provided supplies to decorate a cross. Then add your cross to the one's already made during last week's Palm Sunday Fair.
- The Easter Station, set up in the children's area outside the main sanctuary doors, includes Alleluia Eggs in paper bag Birds Nests, and Worry Stones, created by ECLC kids and ready to take home after Saturday's Easter Vigil. Children were invited to remove (and eat!) the candy inside each egg, and replace it with written prayers: 1 praise prayer to God; 1 prayer for someone else; and 1 prayer for themselves. In the week's leading up to Holy Week we talked about birds and eggs, and what the bible says about new life in baptism, as Easter people. Bird hymns, the Alleluia Jar filled with Jelly Belly prayer prompts, and coloring sheets, are also available at this station.