Last week 22 ECLC confirmation youth and their friends, together with 23 rotating adults, renewed the tradition of an annual, overnight lock-in retreat. Pictures will be posted throughout the week on the ECLC Kids Youth & Families page. Thank you to everyone who asked for, and participated in, this whacky somewhat sleepless night of magic, goose chase, food donations, empty bowls, TARDIS photo booth, random fun, and food!
Sunday | Apr 12, 2015 | Second Sunday of Easter
8:15 am ALL AGES worship with Holy Communion (PDF of Apr 12 Assignments)
9:45 - 10:00 am
- LAMBS (0-3 year olds) gather with their parents
- PK - K gather in Rm 103 for music
- GR 1 - 5 gather in the Martin Room with with teachers for Minute-to-Win-It games, and an update on our weekly offering for the Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service
- GR 6 - 8 gather in Rm 112 to engage in games, and this week's Faith Lens discussion, Blessed to Bless. Also, to discuss potential recipients of the "Empty Bowls. Full Hearts" silent auction & lunch, May 17
- High School Youth will meet with JD. Parents will join in at 10:30 am to briefly talk about the upcoming Youth Breakfast on Sunday, May 3 from 9 am-12 pm
10:00 - 10:40 am
- PK - K move to classrooms with teachers
10:40 am Parents pick up young children
11:00 am ALL AGES worship with Holy Communion (PDF of Apr 12 Assignments)
Wednesday | Apr 15, 2015 | Youth
We will be looking at the life and work of the Apostle Paul, who took many journeys to various congregations and corresponded with them through letters that are now a major part of the New Testament. To follow Paul's lead, we are going to take Confirmation on the road April 15 and 22.
- On April 15, GR 6-12 will venture to St. Stephen Lutheran in Bloomington, where we will hear Christian hip hop artist, AGAPE*. Confirmation will meet earlier on this night. We will carpool from church 1t 5:45 pm OR you can drop your student off at St. Stephen in Bloomington at 6 pm. The concert ends at 7 pm. Pizza will be served at ECLC at 7:15 pm to end our night.
- On April 22, we will visit our partner congregation, St. Paul's Lutheran in South Minneapolis. We went there for our Justice retreat in March, and Pastor Luisa invited us to come back to make mosaics with her! We will meet at 6 pm and depart from ECLC. Pizza will be served at St. Paul's. We will return by 8 pm.