A NEW CHURCH YEAR…A NEW MEMBER CELEBRATION!
As we celebrate the start of the Church’s liturgical year with Advent, it seems quite appropriate to welcome our newest members with a festive celebration as well! This coming Sunday, ECLC will welcome eight newcomers to ECLC. As with each of you, we are grateful for the gifts and talents that they will bring to this community to help us grow and thrive and live out God’s YES for the world.
This Sunday, please look for those wearing red roses and in the coming weeks please take time to welcome:
Nancy Burns & Debbie Cote
Jennie Smith & Joy Strunk
In the overly chaotic Advent season our culture perpetuates, many are seeking respite in a faith community. Help your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and acquaintances know that such a community exists and is a part of your life. Consider:
- inviting a family with children to experience the Children’s Christmas program on December 21st
- creating a simple facebook status inviting friends to join you for worship this Christmas
- welcoming a neighbor to join you for our Advent volunteer opportunities with St. Paul’s, PCYC, or CES
- extending the invitation to experience Holden Evening Prayer during Advent Worship each Wednesday night
- sharing why you’re purchasing towels and toothbrushes for this year’s Heath Kits Sunday the 28th
We sometimes forget how precious being a part of a loving faith community is; help others know there are such communities this season…and help create community for newcomers to ECLC this year!
Lauren & ECLC staff