Nine ECLCers are in El Salvador this week, visiting Cristo de Paz, hearing stories of the Civil War there, viewing the powerful art of the La Palma region, and enjoying 90 degree heat!
Check out their latest stories now at http://eclcinelsalvador.blogspot.com
Three years ago, when six ECLCers were greeted with a full parade and dancing for the first time by the Crsto de Paz community, we could never have imaged the powerful connection we would feel today:
- 70 ECLC and Cristo de Paz communities sharing together as prayer amigos
- 37 students supported by educational scholarships
- 43 ECLCers who have been hosted by Cristo de Paz in various visits
- 1 powerful visit from Pastor Conchi who worshipped, visited, and shared with each of us last fall.
- And countless prayers crossing the miles and reminding us all that we meet as one at Gods Table.
Please pray for the travelers and ECLCs hosts this week as we visit together, hike a volcano, visit classrooms of students, and listen to each other on the impact of the border crisis on both ends. We will return on Monday the 18th; please ask for our stories. We will be anxious to share them.
Lauren Morse-Wendt , Mission & Ministry Developer